You might be comparing courier prices, examining the difference in services between parcel delivery companies, or perhaps just beginning your search for a reliable and affordable courier service company. Whatever stage you find yourself in, On Demand Courier has a lot to offer folks looking for a Phoenix courier. We provide the following cities and towns with fast courier service.
- Queen Creek
- Apache Junction
- Sun Lakes
- Fountain Hills
- Paradise Valley
- Litchfield Park
- El Mirage
- Sun City West
If you are in need of a Top Rated LOCAL® Courier, you can get in touch with us for sales inquiries, customer service or delivery inquiries, or even invoicing and billing inquiries. Whether you are a current customer of ours or not, we want your needs to be completely taken care of insofar as we are able to solve them for you. We provide premier courier service to a variety of people and business types. Among these business types are mortgage and title companies, law firms, accounting firms, medical organizations, financial institutions, educational organizations, manufacturing and distribution companies, construction companies, and an array of local business. Suffice it to say that if you need a fast, professional, and secure courier company in Phoenix, we’ve got you covered here at On Demand Courier.
Little-Known Facts About Mail Delivery And Courier Companies
Can you tell we are passionate about our courier business? We could probably type or talk all day about why we are qualified to earn your business and what prospective customers have to gain from choosing us as their Phoenix courier service providers. However, we have a promised blog topic to get to. After all, you can read a full description of our local courier services right here! Otherwise, keep reading if you are interested in a slightly more entertaining piece than we might normally produce for you (ideally).
- Typical, standard courier service doesn’t necessarily mean express courier service, or even same-day-courier service. All that “standard” courier services means is that a transit representative will come and collect your parcel in order to transport it to whoever is the intended recipient. Not all couriers can offer you the security coupled with speed that you might be looking for. Here at On Demand Courier of Phoenix, we are able to offer remarkably swift speeds at affordable rates. As you can read on our site, we scour the region to ensure that our customers are getting the most competitive rates possible.
- Carrier pigeons were used to deliver messages some 3,000 years ago, some research suggests. This practice wasn’t merely confined to one or two cultures or a geographical region, either, as Julius Caesar, Genghis Khan, and even ancient Persian civilizations utilized the approach. Although the tradition was limited, considering the period of history the method was remarkably accurate and reliable. Once trained, carrier pigeons could carry upwards of 80 grams. In the modern era, pigeon flights as long as 1,100 miles have been recorded. That’s the same distance as Phoenix to Houston (give 75 miles or so), for reference.
- Still on the topic of carrier pigeons (sorry, they’re just so cool), these birds were remarkably significant with regards to warfare, even during the modern era, as we might be inclined to call it. The re-emergence of the practicality of carrier pigeons occurred during the Siege of Paris, around 1870. Then in WWI, France doubled down on their efforts and used over 30,000 pigeons to exchange information. Perhaps the most famous pigeon of all time is Cher Ami, the American pigeon, without whose aid the 77th Infantry Division would have never been found.
- While we are writing about it, an important distinction must be made about carrier, or homing, pigeons. These pigeons are true to their name – in more ways than one. Yes, they can certainly carry messages. That much has been established. But more to the point, they are one-way creatures, only being able to go home. That established, it was required for these birds to be transported away to wherever it was that they were most needed. A fundamental limitation of the method was that there only existed predetermined routes for pigeons to utilize; they’d fly home no matter where they had taken off from. Naturally, it must have been difficult for more remote places to get news. At least they could send messages to bigger cities, we’d presume.
- Departing from the pigeon-talk, “courier” is derived from the Latin word “currere”, meaning “to run”. And while most couriers utilize wheels in one way or another, the original messengers had to be fleet-of-foot to be considered a viable courier. Perhaps the earliest example of a courier can be found in the legend of Pheidippides. Pheidippides, an ancient Grecian messenger, ran some 26 miles – the literal distance from Marathon to Athens – to proclaim the Spartan’s victory over the Persians. The proto-courier is said to have then died on the spot, after announcing his message. That’s the kind of dedication that inspires us at On Demand Courier! Although, it should be said, maybe a breather here or there would have been in order.
- The final interesting tidbit we will leave you with today is more pragmatic. While most courier services are national or global in scale these days, On Demand Courier is Phoenix-specific. Why would having a local courier service matter more to a prospective customer trying to choose between providers? That’s an easy one. Firstly, we know the area like the back of our hand. Speed and accuracy matter in this industry. Secondly, every delivery matters to us. We aren’t saying the opposite is true with the other guys, but given the fact that a national or global courier service likely has fallback options, it’s just not the same. Your business matters to us. It makes a difference, too.
Schedule A Pickup
Get in touch with us at On Demand Courier – Same Day Courier Service if you want to learn more, have any questions, or are ready to schedule a pickup. We are professional, fast, and secure. We also hope that you’ve enjoyed this quick-fire smattering of courier-related facts!